A few years ago I had a friend come to me and ask me to makeover her daughters’ play kitchen set. I of course, said yes. I love working on pieces from the past. To be given the chance and the opportunity to bring something back to life that may otherwise be forgotten gives me the greatest joy. This set wasn’t in horrible condition either, which made the transformation that much easier. There was no major repair work that needed to happen in order for me to begin the transformation process.
To complete this project I did the following:
- Washed + Sanded the entire set.
- Took off all of the hinges, knobs, pulls etc.
- Spray painted bright red.
- Spray painted the sink insert and knobs in chrome
- Added new pulls as well as a backsplash + added new chrome paint.
- Painted on new burners.
- Added a wood ‘countertop’ made with paint stir sticks that were stained.
- Added a push light in the oven.
- Added a few extra hooks for aprons, kitchen utensils etc.
This was such a fun project to work on and I hope that it is enjoyed for many years to come by many different children!